What To Do After a Robbery
- Call the police immediately, even if you have already activated the alarm.
- Close the store and lock the door(s) if you have a key.
- Do not discuss the details of the robbery with witnesses or fellow employees.
- Ask any witnesses to stay until police arrive. If they can’t, get their names, phone numbers and addresses.
- Do not touch anything that the robber may have touched. Block off areas where the robber was, if necessary.
- Try to recall as much as you can about the robber’s appearance, speech and mannerisms. Make notes.
- Step outside the store when the police arrive so that they’ll know the robber is gone and you are safe.
- Let the police answer inquiries from the news media.
- Do not discuss the amount of money taken with anyone other than police.