The Colorado Association of Robbery Investigators (CARI) serves several functions:
- Hosting the annual National Robbery Conference (NRC);
- Hosting monthly meetings of robbery investigators from the Front Range Metroplex;
- Development of professional contacts for investigators;
- Maintaining solid relationships within the private sector;
- Encouraging and facilitating the flow of robbery information and intelligence;
- Providing crime prevention information and guidance to retail businesses, financial institutions and the general public.
National Robbery Conference
The National Robbery Conference is a training conference that is open to all law enforcement personnel as well as qualified private security managers and consists of two and one-half days of dynamic classroom instruction provided by experienced law enforcement personnel.
The 2024 Conference is scheduled for May 29th – May 31st, 2024, at the Hythe, a Luxury Collection Resort, Vail, Colorado. Registration will open November 1, 2023. To register for the conference, submit a speaking proposal, get information on sponsorships or to place yourself on the conference notification list, click on one of the buttons below.
For more information on the 2024 NRC click here.
CARI members meet monthly to exchange offense, pattern and suspect information. Meetings are voluntarily hosted by agencies and businesses throughout the Denver Metro area and the Front Range Metroplex. Meetings are generally held on the third Thursday of each month at 9:00 a.m. See the calendar at right for locations and dates of future meetings.
On these pages you will find robbery prevention advice for:
- Prevention At Home
- Prevention At Work
- Prevention On The Road
- What To Do During a Robbery
- What To Do After a Robbery
You will also find links to helpful crime prevention sites.